This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Passports and Emergency Travel Document


Passports and Emergency Travel Document


You can renew your passport if you are registered in the Registry of Italians Residing Abroad (AIRE) in the consular district of Tel Aviv. For information on how to enroll in AIRE, click here.

If you are not registered with the AIRE of Tel Aviv, the Embassy will have to request a specific authorization and delegation to issue the passport from the Italian Police Headquarters or the diplomatic-consular representation at which you are registered.

Before starting the passport application procedure, make sure that your marital status is up-to-date and that all the documents necessary for the issuance of a new passport (birth certificates, marriage certificates, any divorce decrees and name change and / or surname) have already been acquired by the Consulate. For information on updating the marital status, visit the appropriate section.

The procedure for renewing the passport is described in detail on the following pages:

> Passport for adults

> Passport for minors



You will be able to collect your passport, without the need for an appointment, starting from the week following the presentation of the application, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2 to 3.30 pm, and on Fridays from 10 to 12.

If you intend to delegate someone to collect the document, you can do so by signing a specific form that will be delivered to you on the day of your appointment.


Emergency Travel Document (ETD)

Have you lost yours for your passport and need to return urgently to Italy? The Embassy can issue you a provisional travel document (ETD). Click here for more information.