University Enrollment Academic Year 2023-2024
If you intend to enroll in a higher education course in Italy and you are not a citizen of a country of the European Union (you, therefore, need an entry visa to Italy for long-term stays), you will have to :
1.pre-enroll according to the procedure and the timing that will be published on the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR) website and on the dedicated sections of the website of this Embassy.
2.apply for a long term (D Type Visa )
Down below you will find the requested steps ,summerized in four steps. If you are resident in Israel , you can ask for assistance from the Embassy.
FIRST STEP -Choosing the University
Consult first of all, the educational offers, or all the information on courses and Universities on the Universitaly portal or the STUDY IN ITALY portal . Only once you have a clear idea and have matured your choice, you can pre-enroll for the course you are interested in.
WARNING! You will have to verify directly with the chosen university whether it is necessary to obtain a letter of eligibility for enrollment before applying for enrollment
SECOND STEP – Pre-register online.
At this stage, you can click on ‘Pre-registration application> New pre-registration application’ to start the process. Remember that you can only send one pre-enrollment application for the 2023/2024 academic year, thus choosing a single university and a single course of study.
At the ‘Pre-registration application’ stage you will have to upload the following documents to the portal:
- Copy of passport
- ‘Bagrut Melea’ (high school diploma) complete with Apostille as per the Convention of The Hague and translation into Italian (see list of translators)
- If needed,a Declaration of value (if already obtained in the past, you can present it without requesting a new one)
- A certificate of knowledge of the Italian language , if requetsed.
WARNING! If this is your first time pre-enrolling and you have never obtained a declaration of value, you can request it from this Consulate once the pre-enrollment is complete. To request it, leave a sealed envelope containing the original translated and apostilled ‘Bagrut Melea’ in the special mailbox located outside the Consular Office (on the 21st floor of the ‘Trade Tower Building’ in Hamered Street, 25, Tel Aviv) , together with a copy of your passport and a copy of the pre-registration made on the portal. This Consulate will contact you as soon as the declaration of value is ready for collection. If you prefer to have it sent to you by mail, please leave a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope in the sealed envelope itself.
If you have obtained your high school diploma in a country other than Israel and Italy, please note that you will need to request the declaration of value from the competent Italian Consulate in the Country where you completed your studies.
THIRD STEP – Check for any additional condition of enrollment, such as entrance and language exams.
If you have decided to enroll in medicine, veterinary, health professions and architecture courses, in addition to pre-enrollment, you will also have to take a specific admission exam, which you must pass for definitive enrollment .
Information on how to register for the entrance exams and the payment of the related fees will be available on the portal https://www.cisiaonline.it/area-tematica-english-tolc-cisia/home/
As for the requirements for enrollment in all other courses, you will need to contact the relevant University directly. It is often required to pass an Italian language exam.
FOURTH STEP – Apply for a visa. (until 30/11/2023)
Once you will have uploaded all the required documents and when your pre-enrollment will be validated by the University you have chosen on the Universitaly portal, you can submit your visa application to this Consulate.
To submit your visa application, you will need to schedule an appointment with the Consulate through the Prenota@Mi portal (Study Visa D).Due to the high volume of requests we rerimind you that your appointment should take place at least 15 days prior to your departure to Italy,therefore you should book it as soon as possible .
On the day of the appointment, you must bring with you:
1. visa application form (download from this link);
2. one recent passport-sized photograph;
3. a valid travel document, with expiration date at least three months longer than the visa requested;
4. documentation proving the availability in Italy of an adequate accommodation;
5. demonstration of the availability in Italy of means of subsistence, equal to not less than € 467.65 for each month of the academic year (€ 6,079.45 per year).
This availability can be proven by: showing personal or family assets (e.g. bank account statements); economic guarantees provided by Italian institutions and bodies of proven credit, by local governments, or by foreign institutions and bodies considered reliable by the Italian Embassy in Tel Aviv;
6. documentation proving the availability of the amount needed for repatriation, or a return ticket, in addition to the €6,079.45 above mentioned,or a return ticket;
7. documentation proving the availability of an adequate insurance coverage for medical treatment and hospitalization;
8. Cash for the payment of the visa fee of NIS 199 (until 30/09/2023).
Within eight days of your arrival in Italy you will have to apply for a residence permit at the competent Police Headquarters. To this end, we invite you to consult the attached document “rights and duties of foreigners relating to long-term admissions and stays”.